I haven’t been sleeping well for the last couple weeks. I attribute my lack of sleep to heightened levels of anxiety and the strange nocturnal behavior of both my cat and neighbor. I did a little research on good sleep habits. I learned that the key to getting a great night’s rest is to turn your bed into a place of relaxation. Here are my fav budget products that ensure I have sweet dreams.
- Jersey sheets – I love jersey sheets. They are really inexpensive, but feel like luxury sheets. They made you feel like you are sleeping on a high quality, well worn vintage t-shirt.
- Ear plugs – A definite must-have. I have no idea what my neighbor actually does for living – although I have many theories. The noises that come from the other side of the wall are not normal apartment noises like music or talking. The most common noises I hear are a “wooshing” sound like opening a garbage bag and a “clink clink” noise like dropping utensils into a metal sink. The weird part of it is that it goes on constantly until 3:00am. What the heck is he doing over there!?!?!?!
- Fan – This is the most amazing fan and totally worth the price. I like my room to be really cold while I am sleeping. The fan noise also drowns out the clink, clink, whoosh, whoosh from next door.
- Foot Lotion – Don’t judge! It’s just part of my routine. I know this foot cream isn’t exactly budget friendly, but my mom bought it to bribe her way out of an awkward social situation.
- A Good Book & Tea – Essential for the final count down before bed. I try and stay away from reading anything scary before bed.