Nothing is worse than overdraft fees. When you are living on a tight budget, it’s easy to accidentally overdraw your account. Here are a few tips to help you avoid overdraft fees.
- Check your bank account and credit card accounts everyday. This way you know exactly how much money you have.
- In the beginning of the month, plan out your expenses. Do you have any upcoming birthday gifts, weddings gifts, vacations, medical expenses, or car repairs? Try and pay for them in the beginning of the month, so you are not short at the end.
- Transfer your monthly savings in the beginning of the month. This way you budget according to your savings goal and do not accidentally spend your savings.
- Change your car insurance to a monthly payment. It is easier to budget for it on a monthly basis instead of being hit with a large payment every couple months.
- Make a calendar of your bills amounts and when they are due.