I have never liked flying. When I was little, I got motion sick pretty easily; now, I just hate the cramped seating and recycled air smell. On my recent trip to New York, I was determined to make my plane experience a little better. Here is quick list of my essential carry on items.
- Pretzels – I always bring pretzels on the plane to settle my stomach in case I get a stomach ache.
- Chap stick/Lotion/Water – My regime for battling recycled plane air.
- Hat/Sunglasses – Let’s face it, most trips start pretty early in the morning and I don’t always have time to do my hair/make up.
- Leggings – Can you think of anything more comfortable to wear on a plane?
- Coffee/lunch – I basically like to pretend that I am at home on the couch when I am sitting on a plane. So good coffee and food are essential.
- Pashmina – I love bringing my pashmina on the plane because it doubles as a scarf and blanket. It’s so much softer than the nasty airplane blankets.
- Socks – Socks are my most essential plane accessories. They keep my feet warm and prevent me from having to put on my shoes when I go to the bathroom.